The second ornate ring I made from Eni Oken’s tutorial did not work out very well. First, I could not make the chrysocolla oval lie down right and then the spirals started breaking away. I put it away and looked at it for a while, and then I decided to take it with me on vacation. Here is how I fixed it. I like it better than even when it was brand new (and I did love it then).
The original photos (please forgive my bad photography – you can get the idea):
Here is how I fixed it:
Basically, I just took a 22 gauge wire and wired it around, wrapping it with 28 gauge wire, as I did with the original spirals, and connecting it to the spirals as I went along. It came out with a very organic shape, as you can see. The new wire pulled in some of the spirals that had stood away from the stone, giving it an unusual look (according to me). It is my new “right hand ring”. I wore it throughout the rest of my vacation and got lots of compliments.