You know? I’ve been looking down on magnesite. I could easily see when the Chinese vendors in town were trying to pass it off as turquoise (at first, I didn’t know what stone it was, but I sure as shootin’ knew it wasn’t turquoise, and knew it was a dyed something). Recently, one of the on-line vendors (I think it might have been Fire Mountain Gems) actually came out, identifying their dyed blue “turquoise-ish” stones as magnesite. Oh, la la! I finally had a name to place on that stuff, and a name that I could look up for metaphysical properties (not only that, but I learned that those oddments such as “lime turquoise” and, probably “purple turquoise”, are dyed magnesite). Okay, having a stone to look up and find the properties for, I raced to the Internet, and, while waiting for connections, dug through all of my stone books. Where once I turned up my nose at that fakey turquoise-y stuff, I have found new usage. Magnesite is some powerful stuff (well, aren’t all stones, in the end? Even if they aren’t the be all and end all for me, I can always with a few metaphysical flourishes, empower them to be what I need, right?)
- SNOW! Sitting at home looking at beads!
- COMING BACK
- TRIANGLE PAPER BEAD EARRINGS – Anthropologie knock-off
- EARRINGS FOR TORN EARLOBES
- LADDER NECKLACE TUTORIAL FROM FOR THE MAKERS
- BRASS, COPPER, AND SILVER AUTOMATICALLY DISINFECT THEMSELVES
- THANKS! I MADE IT!
- MALEFICENT NECKLACE
- MY NEW RING AND MISCELLANEOUS NEWS
- MAKING YOUR OWN JEWELRY YOUR OWN