I keep looking at these chiastolite beads and wanting to do something with them. I’ve just learned that the blob that I’ve always thought mars the cross in the chiastolite is another gem/crystal called margarite. That makes me like a few more of the beads (I have one that has a margarite “mar” that looks like a fan, and I am a big fan of fans) What will I do? I’d originally thought of making a bracelet with the beads with good crosses, but I keep wavering. Shouldn’t I just highlight each one with some sort of wrap, as a pendant? (I made a lovely silver-wrapped pendant which always gets comments) I’m leaning towards the bracelet. It would be more ornate – not quite as ornate as an
Eni Oken based work, but, yeah…
- SNOW! Sitting at home looking at beads!
- COMING BACK
- TRIANGLE PAPER BEAD EARRINGS – Anthropologie knock-off
- EARRINGS FOR TORN EARLOBES
- LADDER NECKLACE TUTORIAL FROM FOR THE MAKERS
- BRASS, COPPER, AND SILVER AUTOMATICALLY DISINFECT THEMSELVES
- THANKS! I MADE IT!
- MALEFICENT NECKLACE
- MY NEW RING AND MISCELLANEOUS NEWS
- MAKING YOUR OWN JEWELRY YOUR OWN